Another day, another Donald Trump comment that has us all scratching our heads. According to a new transcript published by The Washington Post, Trump said that the reason he “hates” allowing refugees into the United States is because “[t]hey are not going to be wonderful people who go on to work for the local milk people” . . . Yeah, we’re not sure what he meant by that either. The internet was quick to react to the bizarre comment – which may or may not have been in reference to US dairy farms – with their own thoughtful and hilarious explanations of what the POTUS might have meant. We’ve rounded up the best of the bunch for you ahead.
Trump on refugees: “They are not going to be wonderful people who go on to work for the local milk people” https://t.co/SCLdfjDAkw pic.twitter.com/TYilZocXUf
– Ali Vitali (@alivitali) August 3, 2017
*steps away from twitter for literally two seconds*
“what the hell are local milk people”
– Ali Watkins (@AliWatkins) August 3, 2017
These? #milkpeople pic.twitter.com/51472oYl9U
– Barneyman (@Barneymanirl) August 3, 2017
I TAKE MY COVFEFE WITH MILK, PEOPLE! NO SUGAR, PEOPLE! #milkpeople
– Brad Benson (@badbrad002) August 3, 2017
How good a person are you on a scale from Refugee to Works For The Local Milk People?
– Cyrus O’Merican (@CyrusOMerican) August 3, 2017
My grandmother actually was an immigrant who worked for the local milk people. My dad still has her award from the dairy association. https://t.co/oydMmcU9OI
– Julie Zauzmer (@JulieZauzmer) August 3, 2017
Why do I suspect that “local milk people” didn’t include any chocolate milk people?
– Michael Lampers (@LampersMichael) August 3, 2017
Local Milk People Want To Connect With You
Kraft Singles in Your Area
– Local Milk People (@MBirdwether) August 3, 2017
What if the Local Milk People form an alliance with the Local Cookie People???
– Harold Itzkowitz (@HaroldItz) August 3, 2017
You must learn to speak English to come to America. Words like “bigly,””covfefe” and “local milk people.”
– Randi Mayem Singer (@rmayemsinger) August 3, 2017
Local milk people is not even a THING. Why do we have to be embarrassed EVERY day? pic.twitter.com/DWMqAnIbg6
– Yuge Ass Tortoise 🐢 (@Tyler_Tortoise) August 3, 2017